1. Perri, EWI’s Outreach Coordinator, and Mariana, EWI’s graphic design volunteer, attended Language ETC’s Community Services Fair in DC on Tuesday
2. On Thursday, Perri and Mary, EWI’s Program Manager, had a great social media planning meeting at Cosi in Virginia Square!
3. This week EWI graduate and volunteer, Velma Crawford, was interviewed on Mining the Heart radio show on XM radio.
4. EWI graduates Aida and Lizzie came to our office (just in time for some surprise VDay chocolate covered strawberries!) in preparation for the Micro-Business Lending Conference in Richmond on February 25th and 26th. The two fantastic food entrepreneurs will be part of the “Meet the Micros” segment of the conference. Marga will introduce the women entrepreuners and discuss the role that technical assistance plays in the development of micro enterprises. She will moderate a discussion with the women about their work, needs, and their business goals for the future.
5. Development Associate, Alexandra, met Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor while out and about in DC! So exciting!
6. We celebrated Valentine’s Day with lots of roses, chocolates, heart shaped brownies, and a lovely Lebanese lunch! We hope you all had a great day celebrating loved ones, too! 🙂
Happy weekend, everyone! Don’t forget to check back on Monday for a Mondays With Marga post and a new Coach’s Corner!