EWI is still looking for and accepting your recipes! We have received some amazing ones so far, and we can’t wait to see what else you come up with! If you would like to be included, send us your favorite recipes that represent your heritage (recipes can be sent to email@example.com).
And, as a special treat, we would like to share with you a traditional Balkan recipe sent to us by Aida!
Ingredients for Ćevapi :
- 350g Premium Grade Minced Beef
- 150g minced lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 50g onion, minced
- 40ml natural mineral water
- 20ml oil
- hot chili to taste (optional)
- pepper to taste
- vegata or salt to taste
- Combine well all ingredients for Ćevapi. Refrigerate mixture over night.
- Wet hands with water and shape the mixture into uniform rolls.
- Cook the Ćevapi on a hot lightly oiled barbecue grill or frypan for 6-10 minutes, turning frequently.
- Ćevapi can be served on its own or between slices of lepinja.